Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hiking Trail: Corippo - Oviga di Fuori - Lavertezzo (click)

After doing a little bit of research, I found out that during my trip to Switzerland, specifically in Canton Tissino (Ger. Tessin), the hike that I took after lunch was along the river from Lavertezzo to Oviga d Fuori and then towards the town of Corippo.  The entire hike would take about 1h 10min according the website Versasca.net, however, since I only had about 45mins, I wasn't able to get very far at all.


That day, I had finished eating my lunch before most of my travel companions were done, and I also felt like I needed some personal time.  After taking leave from the group, I followed a trail that took me up the hill towards the woods.  It took me farther and farther away from the river, so I stopped and turned back.  What I wanted to see, most of all, was the river.  Heading back downhill, I was able to follow the river.  The scenery of trees, rocks and river may sound a bit too simple and ordinary, but the hike is anything but.


As I was walking, I was met by many friendly trees who were waving their lusciously green leaves at me, as if beckoning me onward.  On my left was a steep decline towards the riverbank.  I could hear the chatter of the waters as they hit the rocks, cheerful and impatient, as if they were approaching a happier destination.  This only made me want to walk faster to find out where they were headed.  Every now and then, I would climb a small hill and then be treated to a view of the great white rocks and the stream of turquoise.  The thrill came when I walked across two wooden bridges, about 2.5 feet wide, and 10-12 feet long.  They were made of wooden planks, but were still very sturdy.

The hilly terrain coaxed me on, leading me to believe that after the next hill, I would arrive at the riverbank.  That was not so, but the anticipation of reaching the rocks grew evermore enticing. 

No comments: