Saturday, December 24, 2005

CHUMCity Christmas Wish

This year, instead of buying each other gifts, I suggested to my best friends to buy toys to donate to the CHUMCity Christmas Wish. They agreed, and last night, we got together for our Christmas dinner at a Brazilian-Chinese restaurant.

After dinner, we "opened" up our gifts and showed them off. Clare got a pair Minnie Mouse and a Micky Mouse stuffed toys, plus a Snoopy stationary set. J. got an Incredibles toy, and something else which I cannot remember at the moment. E. got some build-your-own car sets. Cat got rubrix cube. Thai bought a huge playdoh set. I got some painting crafts, wood building models and a Moose from Sears. There are a lot more items that I am not able to recall right now, but I'm sure that collectively, we spent over $145 on toys.

We then took them over to the CHUMCity to drop them off. After that, we went and had dessert at Richtree. It was a very good night. I felt very blessed to have the financial means to do something like this, and I am even more blessed to have a group of friends who are so supportive and enthusiastic.

I thank God for all these blessings. I hope that God will help all of us to continue to give generously, to open our hearts and minds to those in need, to continue doing this good work with zeal and never tire of it. Praise the Lord.

2 comments:

chiquitawonder said...

This is a good idea. We should have done the same thing... :( But I think we might make a donation to something instead..!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Chiquita. Giving presents is so much fun, though. And it's also a lot of fun to receive presents.

It was a lot of fun on Christmas.