Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Hello, Long Time No Read

Now that I'm working full time, I find that I have very little time to read for pleasure. There is one place where I visit frequently for short and heart-warming stories. The place is the "Lost and Found" column at The Toronto Star. I believe it is only viewable online, and if you're interested, here is the link: Requires Login/Registration to view

I usually read it once a week, and I will find about 5-8 stories there. The first two stories I read will make me tear up. The 2nd and 3rd stories will start to choke me up. The 4th story onwards surely make me cry. Any more than that, and I'll be sitting at my computer, sobbing. That's the type of person I am. Good things in the world move me greatly.

And now, for something totally unrelated.

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT.

It doesn't take a lot of work to pull that strap over your chest and buckle it securely in place. And, if you think it feels uncomfortable, imagine how you'd be feeling in a hospital bed, with a head concussion, broken collarbone, broken ribs, arms, legs, and so on. You think that feels good? O_o

Today, one of my ESL classes had to work on a newspaper article search activity. Midway through, a student came up to me, and was crying. I asked the student what was wrong? That's when I was told that the one of the victims of the car crash on the morning of Sept. 27 was a close friend of my student. I was not prepared for this.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of those 3 victims. May their mistake teach those around them a valuable lesson.

1 comment:

chasezgranger said...

Your poor student. I feel sorry that your student and I'll pray for her and the victims, as well as the families.