Sunday, September 27, 2009

Today: The Great, the Good and the Struggle

The Great:
Pastor Smith's sermon taught us the meaning of "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." It was so moving and so insightful. I was with the Spirit. Thank the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Good:
Today was my first time at adult Bible Study. We just started Ephesians, and there was so much for me to learn that it feels like a blur now. One thing that struck me was the idea of living in Christ and what that means. I will have to continue to study this concept.

The Struggle:
Twice today, people asked me why I wasn't serving the Mandarin congregation. What bothered me about those two encounters was that these two individuals spoke with a lot of presumptions about me, telling me in essence, that I *should* be serving the Mandarin congregation, and by not doing so I am betraying or doing a dis-service to the congregation. I'm not sure if the fact that others are prejudging me the only thing that bothers me. For sure, this has been ongoing for several weeks now, and I don't know how to talk about this to others without showing frustration and maybe even a bit anger at this point. This is something I will have to pray for.

To my Christian friends: please pray for me as well.

No comments: