Monday, March 23, 2009

First Day After MB

So, today was not bad at all. I wasn't as tired as I was afraid I might be.

The morning was easy because my two ESLC classes had a work period. In the afternoon, my Applied History class was very engaged and productive. They weren't as hyper as usual, which may well be a symptom of post-MB lethargiosis. They were my most enjoyable class today.

In the office, we celebrated D.'s birthday today with a strawberry shortcake that N. bought from M&M's. D.'s birthday is actually on Saturday, but we decided to celebrate earlier.

While I was cooking dinner (pork roast), I read a little bit more of Remember Me, a novel by Christopher Pike. In it, a group of teenagers were trying to communicate with the spirit world through one of their friends. One of the boys at the party, Jeff, thought that the spirit they were communicating with was his late brother. Shortly after the "sceance" ended, the girl who was the conduit, Shari, died mysteriously. I'll have to read more to see what will happen.

Growing up, I've always been fascinated with the supernatural, ghosts and haunted places in particular. Many a time have my friends and I considered playing with a ouija board, and I've only done it once with two friends I had in grade five or six, I can't recall exactly. I honestly believe that one of them was moving the pointer, and not a spirit.

Thankfully, I have learned over the years that this is an activity that should not be treated as a game. You never knows what "spirit" is in communication with you. It could be a benign ghost, or it could be the Devil. Once you invite a spirit in, you cannot ask it to leave or even kick it out as you wish. It is actually a dangerous game to play. So, I will never get to try it out again and see if it really works. That makes me feel a bit sad, sad that I won't be able to know for myself. On the other hand, I've learned that some things are better left unknown.

2 comments:

Shum said...

yeah, ouija boards reveal crazy stuff, i had a friend use one back in high school and that just turned out plain weird

CHRISTOPHER PIKE!!!!!!
The last vampire, starlight crystal and other ones... soooooo good, I think i might have read remember me, i don't remember. oh wait, i definitely have! blueish cover with shadows of people?

*sigh* trip down memory lane...

Unknown said...

Cool! You're a fan of Christopher Pike?

That picture you described sounds very fitting.

My cover has a picture of Shari, the main protagonist, lying dead at the bottem of a condominium. This may have been an early edition.