Sunday, March 29, 2009

Faith Journal

I have thought to myself countless times in the past how I would like to make this blog my faith journal. I never did end up following through it, partly because my faith wasn't growing, at least not very much. My two good friends, Vr. and S2. have been telling telling me about how one's faith needs to grow, and not to let ourselves become complacent in our comfort zones after we've been baptized. I agree with them, and I've been trying to find different ways to enable my faith to grow. Of course, I have been praying about it as well.

I am part of a Care Group that meets every Friday for Bible study, evangelism and general group support. Once a month, my group will go out into the public and they will evangelize. I know that S2 and her husband, Av., are hoping that I will take on evangelism training and join them sometime in the evangelistic work that they do. However, to be honest, I don't think that my faith is mature enough that I could, or even should, take on something as important as evangelism. I have only been baptized for a year...not even; it will be a year on April 27th. I haven't read enough of the Bible. I'm only starting to become more involved at church, and I have only been attending APC for a little over a year; less than a year at Ling Fu. So, I really don't feel ready for that yet.

God, with His love and grace, has presented me with other options. Yesterday, I went to the Ling Fu Fellowship potluck. There, I had a talk with Vr. and she told me that she is going to start a course on discipleship for members of the Ling Fu congregation. Vr. will only be able to conduct this in English, and so many will be excluded for now. Later on, when Kai Hong comes to Toronto for her internship, she will conduct it in Mandarin. I will pray to God that the language will not be a barrier for me. Through discipleship training, I will learn how to improve on praying and serving God. I'm really excited about this.

I give thanks to the Lord for bringing Vr., Rk. and the members of my Care Group to me at this point in my life to help my faith grow.

No comments: