Monday, September 03, 2007

Spa Comparisons

The spas I'm going to compare are Summerhill Spa, Concepts Spa and In Beauty Spa.

Hot Stone Therapy
Summerhill................60min for $90
Concepts..................60min for $110
Beauty....................55min for $120

Reflexology Massage
Summerhill................45min for $55 (Includes hot oil treatment)
Concepts..................45min for $60
Beauty....................55min for $80....$65.25 for 45min

RMT Registered Massage Therapy
Summerhill................60min for $85
Concepts..................60min for $80
Beauty....................55min for $85

Basic Facials
Summerhill................45min for $40....$53.40 for 60min
Concepts..................60min for $75
Beauty....................60min for $75

Advanced Facials
Summerhill................75min for $80
Concepts..................75min for $90
Beauty....................75min for $95

Eyebrow Waxing
Summerhill................15min for $15
Concepts........................... $17
Beauty...................(tweezing) $20-25

Pedicure
Summerhill................50min for $40
Concepts..................60min for $48
Beauty............................. $45

Manicure
Summerhill................40min for $30
Concepts..................30min for $25
Beauty............................. $25

Hot Stone Pedicure
Summerhill................70min for $75
Concepts..................75min for $75
Beauty.................... none

Summerhill Spa
154 Cumberland Street
Toronto M5R 1A8
phone 416-924-0531
fax 416-924-7309
welcome@summerhillspa.com

CONCEPTS SALON & SPA

20 Bloor Street Eest
(Hudson’s Bay Centre)
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3B8
Tel: 416.928.6845
Fax: 416.928.0489
conceptdayspasalon@bellnet.ca

In Beauty Spa @ Commerce Gate
Commerce Gate
Unit 12-16, 505 HWY 7 East,
Thornhill, ON. L3T 7T1
Canada
Tel: 905-7629099 / 905-7629199

I have been to Summerhill and In Beauty spas. The facials I got at each location were different, so it's hard to compare how well the facials were done. Judging by other factors, I prefer Summerhill. Summerhill's decor is very homey, making me feel truly relaxed. The music is calming, and the way they position you on the bed is much more comfortable. During the facial, the aestheticians put a pillow underneath my knees, which allows my body to lie in a natural and relaxing position. During the pedicure, I also lay on a bed, with a triangular pillow underneath my knees. I was so comfortable I fell asleep. In Beauty, however, has small rooms that resemble doctor's examining rooms. The bed is very narrow and so you feel cramped, not relaxed.

My best friend has been to Concepts Spa (Hudson's Bay Co.) and she said they dim the lights to create a relaxing atmosphere. I don't know what their decor looks like, though, and it's hard to find pictures on the internet.

2 comments:

Princess said...

I had been sick for a year in 2003 and living like that had been really hard. The stress started to build and I felt overwhelmed. I needed a place to relax. I could not have dreamt of a better place to relax and rejuvenate when I found Summerhill Spa. Everything about the spa is so comforting - from the staff at the spa to the intimate peaceful serene atmosphere. I have loved every minute I spent there and feel very sad to come out of there after my weekly sessions. Everyone at the Spa makes me feel so comfortable, so welcome, that it feels like being at home. I really feel that I am just not a client but part of their family. Words are hard to explain the comfort I feel. Yes, the treatments are so relaxing and nourishing to my body and mind; but each and every staff member makes me feel so special and go out of their way to make sure I have everything I need and want.
I have been to many spas, but there is something so very special about SummerHill Spa, they...they care about their clients. Caring about others means so much to us, because it is what we do each and every day of our lives.
The packages are exquisite, whether it is for marriages, parties or just normal routine. I have travelled the world, enjoyed life in every form, but these are some of the best experiences I have ever had...mostly due to the fantastic staff!
It's been 3 years now and I continue to visit Summerhill Spa. A Place I will never forget and will always cherish.

Anonymous said...

I do not recommend this spa if you are looking for a timely booking or accomodating staff.

I was forced to book an appointment 2 months in advance and did not even try and accomodote me. She did not provide any helpful suggestions or advice. She was a broken record and just repeated that she could not schedule me in for the next 2 months.