Thursday, June 29, 2006

Last Day of School

Today was my last day at school. I think I'll be returning some time in early July to pick up something that I will have inevitably forgotten. But, it was officially my last day.

After a year of teaching, what can I say? I enjoy it very much. I constantly feel inspired to create a new lesson, or use a new resource. If I had in my hands a calendar for the next school year, I'd be planning the units right now. Yes, I need help.

On the other hand, I'm glad that I can now read for fun. Eventhough I do have summer school to attend for the month of July, being a student is not half as stressful as being a teacher. If I feel tired or I'm jus not in the mood, I'll tune out the class and not pay attention. I'll day dream and mindlessly copy down notes from the board. Or, I'll be passive and simply listen to discussions. As a student, I don't have to perform in front of 20+ ppl for 7 hours a day.

Right now, I am tired. I don't have the energy to celebrate. I'm just going to go and read. =)

To all teachers, have a fun and relaxing summer!

No comments: