Monday, May 29, 2006

Updates

This weekend, I went to Ogden P.S. for the 151st Anniversary with CL, EL and TT. We didn't see any of our former teachers, but we did get to look at some old photo albums. We found very funny and adorable pics of EL and TT. I found a laminated photo of girls playing the recorder, dressed in Chinese folk dance costumes. I wrote a caption in English and Chinese. It was very cool to see that it was still preserved till now.

That same day, I bought the entire set of novels, The Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, by Jin Yong. I've started reading, and I'm still on the first chapter, when Guo Xiang goes to the Shaolin Temple to find news about Yang Guo (Condor Hero). I'm enjoying it immensely. Reading it brings back so many memories of my childhood. My friends and I had so much fun playing kung fu heroes during recess.

Yesterday, my cousin from Taiwan arrived. She's here to study English. I wish her luck and lots of success.

Last week, the teachers at my school took the ESL students to Niagara Falls. We had a blast! It was so much fun, and we hardly had to do any work. The students were so well-behaved, we teachers were mightily impressed. I would like to take the ESL students on another trip next year, maybe to Wonderland.

Recently, having become nostalgic about my kung fu childhood days, I started looking through the internet for resources and discussion forums. I found this one: WuxiaMania , which is an all-English forum. The people here are very knowledgeable, and have read a lot of the famous wuxia novels in the original Chinese. Here is another one: Snowtalk This is a Chinese website based in Taiwan.

No comments: